Hundreds Gathered In Hopes Of Finding Justice For 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes - B L A C K N E S S | U N C E N S O R E D

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Hundreds Gathered In Hopes Of Finding Justice For 7-Year-Old Jazmine Barnes


LaPorsha Washington was embraced by family and community members before she addressed the crowd gathered at a Houston-area Walmart on Saturday, not far from where her 7-year-old daughter Jazmine Barnes was gunned down earlier this week. 

"Say her name," the crowd chanted. "Jazmine!" 
 
Washington took the microphone.
 
"I'm so happy to see all these faces from all over, and I thank you so much for doing this and coming together for my baby," Washington said with tears streaming down her face. "She's up there watching over all of us and making sure we're all good." 
 
Barnes was riding in a car with her mother and three sisters Sunday morning around 7 a.m. when a man in a red or maroon pickup truck drove up next to their vehicle and opened fire.
 
Washington, 30, was shot in the arm, while Jazmine's 6-year-old sister was hit by shattered glass. Jazmine's two teenage sisters were not harmed. 
 
"I'm telling you, every time I see one of y'all reach out for me, I can hold my head up," Washington said Saturday. "I can get up in the morning."
 
"I just want to thank everybody for coming out and celebrating, and supporting this homegoing with me," she added. "And I say this is a very special homegoing, because I got a beautiful angel up there watching over me." 
 
You can read the full and complete story by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and mindful when leaving a comment. Any and all rude, racial, personal attacks, etc will be removed. Kindness takes you far in life.